Are you curious? Do you like to improve operation of equipment and find solutions?
Join our team !
At Berger, we come to work with a smile for more than 55 years. Why? Because we are proud to develop and market the best growing media for the cultivation of flowers, berries, greenhouse vegetables and much more. Because at Berger, we feel at home. Because Berger is much more than a company: it is a culture, a team, a stimulating and fulfilling environment!
Do you want to be part of it?
This is possibly the job for you! As an industrial electronic technician, you will be responsible for commissioning equipment in the plant and for improving and maintaining it. You will be involved in the realization of automation, instrumentation and control projects, in collaboration with our design team. It’s partly thanks to you that everything will run smoothly!
OVERVIEW OF THE WORK:
Ensure the proper functioning of electrical components in the plant according to Berger quality standards
- Make all electrical connections and ensure control between the power source, the programmable logic controller (PLC) and equipment;
- Communicate with the IT team for the various systems affecting the plants;
- Update electrical plans and diagrams related to plant equipment;
- Take care of the electrical inventory;
- Perform basic lighting and electrical connections for buildings;
- Work with the design and manufacturing team during major projects or breakdowns.
- Offers his supervisors ideas to improve the company.
- Hold a degree in instrumentation and automation technology, electronic engineering or any other relevant training;
- Possess a good ability for planning, organizing and meeting deadlines;
- Alan Bradley PLC programmation (an asset)
- Fluent in English and French (an asset).
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS :
Variable and flexible schedule
Stimulating work environement
Many social and sporting activities
Competitive wages & a wide range of benefits