You like to take action quickly? Responsibility does not scare you? Are you a rallying force?
Join our team!
At Berger, we’ve been coming to work with a smile for more than 55 years. Why? Because we are proud to develop and market the best growing media for the cultivation of flowers, berries, greenhouse vegetables, cannabis and much more. Because at Berger, we feel at home. Because Berger is much more than a company: it’s a culture, a team, a stimulating and fulfilling environment!
Do you want to be part of it?
You’re in luck! We have the perfect position for you! We’re looking for a full-time Field Team Leader. Your leadership and your sense of responsibility make you the ideal person to prepare the fields for peat harvesting. You will be in charge of ensuring team cohesion and verifying peat quality.
OVERVIEW OF THE WORK:
Supervise field activities
- Plan work as directed by the supervisor;
- Keep track of equipment condition (hydraulic and mechanical);
- Check whether the equipment is being properly used and maintained by the operators;
- Verify peat quality (water content and weight per cubic foot) and the amount of peat at the time of harvest in the fields.
- Act proactively with follow-ups and interventions with employees;
- Train and inform staff;
- Schedule mealtimes and ensure that schedules are respected.
- Ensure to meet health and safety standards and that departmental work procedures are respected.
- You have experience in field work;
- You have previously supervised a team (an asset) and can show leadership;
- You are a solid team player and have a great sense of responsibility;
- You are able to prioritize, and have organizational skills.
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS :
Career Development Opportunities
Stimulating work environement
Strong Team Spirit
Competitive wages & a wide range of benefits