Reporting to the Divisional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for promoting and selling Berger products to professional growers of all sizes. As a member of our highly respected sales team, you will manage all sales functions for your assigned territory to ensure business growth.
- Meet or exceed sales budget.
- Identify customer needs and create new business opportunities.
- Cultivate existing customer relationships by providing high quality customer service.
- Manage time effectively yet flexible to meet changing company or customers needs.
- Actively engaged in industry associations and networks.
- Leverage various departments while working opportunities through the sales process.
- Demonstrate and apply product knowledge.
- Provide feedback to the company on market trends and new product needs.
- Assist in coordinating special events within the territory.
- Operate within approved expense plan.
- Minimum 7 years horticultural or related industry sales experience.
- A proven track record of growing sales and prospect generation.
- Horticultural education or equivalent related work experience.
- An aptitude to identify and understand various growing challenges.
- Effective listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and possess strong follow-up.
- Available and willingness to travel on a weekly basis.
- Valid driver’s license and dependable vehicle is required.
- Ability to travel to and from Canada
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with CRM systems.
Berger has been producing growing mixes for 55 years and has built a solid reputation in the industry. In addition to offering products of exceptional quality, this third-generation family business offers its employees a dynamic workplace where everyone puts their talents to good use in developing the company. Salaried compensation commensurate with experience. Commissions, bonus, healthcare plan and 401K offered as well.
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS:
Variable and flexible schedule
Stimulating work environment
Many social and sporting activities
Competitive wages & a wide range of benefits