As Production Director – Manitoba, you will be responsible for achieving manufacturing facility and field operations objectives. You will provide leadership and implement organizational strategies to meet safety, quality and production design goals. Additional responsibilities include meeting cost objectives and promoting a strong team atmosphere. You will be based out of our Hadashville facility, in Manitoba, and will report directly to the Director – Field and Mobile Equipment Strategy.
- Manage the Berger system and promote the values of the company.
- Develop initiatives to achieve a level of performance, quality and safety that meets the production objectives.
- Lead people in order to create an environment that promotes positive teamwork and accomplishments.
- Propose improvements to maximize operation and to achieve customer satisfaction while respecting operating costs and attaining goals.
- Manage field operations; ensure performance, quality and safety while maximizing the output of our primary resource.
- Manage and implement changes to ensure continuous improvement.
- Participate in the follow-up and control of budgets, annual plan and in the identification of relevant ratios.
- Personally commit and display strong leadership in health and safety.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in engineering or administration, an asset, or equivalent experience.
- Be proficient in the French language is an asset.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead people and encourage team involvement.
- Be a strong team player and motivated problem solver.
- Have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Have good computer skills.
- Achieve positive results in the areas of safety, employee relations, quality, productivity and operating costs.
Over more than 50 years, Berger has built a solid reputation among growers worldwide. In addition to its eight plants and twelve harvest sites located across the Americas, Berger distributes its products in over twenty countries. Berger offers a very friendly working environment, making every effort to ensure the well-being of our team.
* This document is written in the masculine gender to facilitate reading and understanding.