As an Operation Director, you will be responsible for managing the operations of our Manitoba facility, from harvesting to packaging. You will provide leadership and implement organizational strategies to meet safety, quality and production design goals. Additional responsibilities include meeting cost objectives and promoting a strong team atmosphere. You will be based out of our Hadashville facility, in Manitoba, and will report to the Director – Field and Mobile Equipment Strategy.
- Manage all of Berger’s operations in Manitoba and promote the company’s values.
- Develop initiatives to achieve a high level of performance, quality and safety that meets production objectives.
- Lead people in order to create an environment that promotes positive teamwork and accomplishments.
- Propose improvements to maximize operation and to achieve customer satisfaction while respecting operating costs and attaining operating goals.
- Manage field, plant and yard operations; ensure performance, quality and safety while maximizing the output of our primary resource, which is peat moss.
- Manage and implement organisational changes for the continuous improvement of our practices and ensure the changes are well received by the team.
- Participate in the follow-up and control of budgets, investment plan and in the identification of performance indicators.
- Display strong leadership and be committed to complying with health and safety requirements.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in engineering, agronomy, forestry or administration is an asset, or equivalent experience.
- Have a working knowledge of the French language is an asset.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead people and encourage team involvement.
- Be a strong team player and motivated problem solver.
- Have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Have good Microsoft Office skills.
- Be able to interact in a supportive and constructive manner with all departments of the company.
If you wish to grow your career within a work environment focused on quality, and be a part of a company recognised internationally for its teamwork and superior growing mixes, please submit your resume !