Reporting to the Divisional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for promoting and selling Berger products to professional growers of all sizes. As a member of our highly respected sales team, you will manage all sales functions for your assigned territories to ensure business growth.
• Identify and create opportunities for establishing new accounts.
• Cultivate existing customer relationships.
• Manage time effectively while remaining flexible to meet changing company or customers needs.
• Actively engaged in industry associations and networks.
• Leverage various departments while working opportunities through the sales process.
• Demonstrate and apply product knowledge.
• Provide feedback to the company on the development of new products to meet evolving demands.
• Contribute feedback to marketing department in order to meet market needs.
• Assist in coordinating special events within the territory.
• Operate within approved expense plan.
• Minimum 7 years horticultural or related industry sales experience.
• A proven track record of successful results for customers and prospects.
• Horticultural education or equivalent related work experience.
• An aptitude to identify and understand various growing challenges.
• Effective listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Available and willingness to travel on a weekly basis.
• Valid driver’s license and dependable vehicle is required.
• Proficient computer skills and familiarity with CRM systems.
Berger has been producing growing mixes for 55 years and has built a solid reputation in the industry. In addition to offering products of exceptional quality, this third-generation family business offers its employees a dynamic workplace where everyone puts their talents to good use in developing the company.